Job Title: Service Technician
Reports to: Service Manager
Service Technician will be responsible for installation and maintenance of commercial low-voltage systems. Experience servicing a combination of DSC, Ademco/Honeywell, DMP, IP and analog camera systems, access control, fire alarm, nurse call, and other systems.
The preferred candidate should possess excellent Customer Service skills and have the highest sense of care for Safety as the number one value regarding all functional aspects of this business. Candidate should be able to work with minimal supervision. This position will require limited out of area travel and the ability to work overtime.
- Provide on-site and remote customer support
- Connect and set up hardware
- The preferred candidate will be able to troubleshoot and repair system failures in a timely manner using the seven step process and or root cause analysis.
- Provide training and support of said systems for our customer base on request.
- Communicate accurately and provide service data from the field back to their supervisor.
- Organize and manage truck parts and tools.
- Accurately complete work orders and paperwork.
- Must be able to demonstrate a high degree of proficiency with the integration of fire alarm system, elevator controllers, sprinkler/suppression systems, card access, security systems and CCTV. In addition this position requires continuous improvement relative to the latest industry trends.
- Interpersonal skills with the team is a must.
- Maintains a clean and presentable service vehicle according to company policies.
The listed responsibilities are designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. They should not be construed as an exhaustive list of duties, responsibilities, skills and qualifications required of personnel so classified. Other duties may be assigned based on business need and senior management.
- 1 + years of work related experience in one or more of the above fields.
- Microsoft Word and Excel computer proficiency required.
- Journeymen’s License ES3J a plus.
- Ability to Troubleshoot and solve Networking issues in regards to CCTV and intrusion systems.
- Keeps up to date with the industry trends and revisions and ensures compliance.
- Able to work a full time schedule and OT as needed.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical skills as required when filling out work orders (i.e. calculating tax).
- Experience using DSC, Admeco/Honeywell, DMP equipment preferred.
- The preferred candidate demonstrates a high regard towards teamwork and is a champion of company values.
- Background and Drug Test Required.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Compensation based on experience
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Company Vehicle
- Paid holidays
- Direct Deposit Paycheck
- Weekly Pay Schedule