Stock Building Supply is a leading building materials and solutions company for professional homebuilders and contractors in the United States. We are committed to providing an exceptional customer experience for builders and contractors who are engaged in single- and multi-family residential, repair and remodel and light commercial construction.
As a leading building materials and solutions company, we have learned a great deal about creating and sustaining customer relationships. We serve many markets throughout the United States and leverage our national presence to offer the products that homeowners demand, delivered with our “customer-focused, associate-driven” spirit.
Our Employees Model Our Company Core Values
Achieving our mission requires great people who are bright, creative, and energetic, and who possess the following values:
• Teamwork- We will leverage our capabilities to delivered unparalleled value to our customers
• Integrity – We will be trustworthy and ensure that utmost integrity in all our endeavors
• People- We treat people with respect and develop talent to drive a competitive advantage
• Performance – We consistently perform above expectations and set the pace in the markets we serve
• Service – We will profitably serve our customers and provide SOLUTIONS that help their business thrive.
Designs and completes layouts of residential roof and floor systems for pricing and manufacturing.
1. Designs residential roof and floor systems and produces layouts.
2. Discusses changes and corrections with engineers, architects and contractors prior to and during construction.
3. Prepares roof truss and truss joist floor layouts.
4. Performs job site inspections.
5. Produces materials list.
6. Determines special notes to append to contracts.
7. Resolves architectural and design discrepancies.
8. Assists in shipping department.
9. Performs other duties as necessary.
1. Minimum education required—AAS in civil, architectural or design related field, prefer Bachelor’s degree. Applicable work experience may be substituted for education requirement.
2. Minimum experience required—1-year drafting experience in a construction or building materials-related industry.
3. Special skills required—Proficient technical writing skills. Excellent communication skills.
4. Special knowledge required—Reading and interpreting blueprints in an architectural related industry.
5. Other—PC Literate with Microsoft Office products, AUTO CAD, and other design programs that facilitate learning in-house program with ease, MITEK software knoweledge a plus.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate. Stock Building Supply and it's subsidiaries does not discriminate in practices or employment opportunities on the basis of an individual's race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other proscribed category set forth in federal or state regulations.