SMSI, LLC provides expert management consulting, program and project management, and technical consulting services to government and private sector clients. A small business founded in 2008, SMSI has built an outstanding reputation for client-focused performance and for delivering results that enable clients to meet commitments and milestones.
EOE/AA - M/F/Vet/Disability/Drug-Free Workplace
SMSI, LLC is seeking all levels of Nuclear Criticality Safety Analyst for long term, permanent assignments at Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL) in Los Alamos, NM. SMSI has many positions to fill. The need is immediate. SMSI has a long term contract LANL to support a variety of ongoing nuclear weapons program needs.
SMSI offers excellent salary, full benefits package (401K, generous paid time off, medical/dental coverage, vision coverage, life insurance, disability insurance and other benefits). Positions are direct hire, long term, and are full-time position.
Support the Nuclear Criticality Safety Analyst organization in the development, review, and implementation of criticality safety documentation for various facilities.
Support the Nuclear Criticality Safety organization in the development and implementation of nuclear safety documentation for various nuclear facilities.
Provide technical assistance in developing nuclear safety documents and analyses, technical safety requirements, and related technical support documentation.
Ensure that the developed nuclear safety documentation complies with requirements and as necessary, applicable controls are implemented in field procedures.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
Must possess a Bachelor’s degree. Prefer candidates with a degree in engineering, math or science.
• Minimum 10 years’ experience in nuclear/criticality safety industry through support of the Department of Energy (DOE), National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA), and/or the commercial nuclear industry.
• Alternate combination of education and experience will be considered where candidate has an advance degree.
• Previous experience with the use and implementation of 10 CFR 830, DOE O 420.1C, DOE STD-1189, and related directives and standards is required.
• Candidate must demonstrate personal accountability for facility/project schedules, deadlines, budgets, and the safe performance of work.
• Demonstrated proficiency in the use of a criticality safety code (MCNP or SCALE) is required.
• Candidate must have the ability to obtain and maintain a DOE “Q” or “L” security clearance.
• Active DOE Q clearance required for weapons program positions
• Active DOD TS/SCI clearance substituted for DOE Q clearance
• 15 years of experience
• Previous experience in developing and maintaining safety basis documents is preferred at a DOE or NNSA site.
REQUIRED AND DESIRED SKILLS:
• Must be able to interface with government program representatives on high-level technical and project issues.
• Ability to successfully make quick decisions and meet goals while working under severe time constraints.
• Demonstrated ability to be creative with a keen attention to detail.
• Possess communication and interpersonal skills.
• Possess planning, organizational, and analytical skills.
• Possess the technical knowledge to work with multiple functional areas and offices in order to provide comprehensive recommendations.
• Ability to multi-task between changing requirements and priorities.
• Requires a motivated self-starter who pays attention to details to support assignments while functioning in a time-sensitive, fluid environment.
• Position may on occasion require unscheduled or extended work hours.
All candidates must possess:
• US Citizenship
• Ability to pass criminal background check; pass drug test
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent organizational skills
• Capability with MS Office Suite
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interface with clients, contractors, and consultant on a day-to-day basis.